Monday 2 May 2016

TV Girl - Who Really Cares


TV Girl - Taking Whats Not Yours from Brad Petering on Vimeo.

Songs TV Girl haven't sampled but their brilliant Who Really Cares album of slacker rock, daisy age groove and Euro sleaze reminds me of:

Since I Left You - Avalanches
Loser - Beck
Cut Chemist Suite - Ozomatli
You Are The Light - Jens Lekman
Pumped Up Kicks - Foster The People
Hit - Sugarcubes
Melody - Serge Gainsbourg
Steal My Sunshine - Len

This isn't a list of songs for TV Girl to sample next time. They know what they're doing. And they're doing it really well. If I knew what I was doing I'd be making music not sitting in a bedroom blogging about it.

Bands they have sampled, who I'd never thought of sampling (which, again, is why I'm just listening and liking rather than making):
Frankie Cosmos

Frankie Cosmos is brilliant. I've not stopped listening to her latest album, Next Thing, just as I'll still be listening to Who Really Cares for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment